I am very grateful to the RSM-MetroWest school for organizing extracurricular free classes for preparation to Mandelbrot and AMC Math competitions. We both, my husband and me, are very impressed the way Vadim Longinov was training these classes. We could observe not only high professionalism, but also his personal dedication in teaching no matter to how few students. Mr. Longinov even inspired our son, who was reluctant to spend Friday evenings at RSM, but had to admit that classes are very interesting and helpful to solve challenging problems.
These preparation classes have broadened his knowledge of math and gave him an idea of what topics he didn’t know and had to cover.
Many Thanks to Dr. Charny, RSM staff and especially to Vadim Longinov.
With deep respect,
- Karina Barseguian, mother of Karen Hovhannisyan.
- Our experience at the school has been tremendous. From our early days with Roger to Amanda and Alfiya, the girls have grown more confident in their math abilities and they are each contemplating science/engineering majors for college.
Please extend our very best to Dr. Charny.
- Kristine Van Amsterdam, Mother of two college bound daughters.
- I have been amazed and pleased with my daughter’s experience at RSM-Metrowest. Her learning is amazing. Her comfort with math is emerging.
I just want to give wonderful feedback about Miss Joyce. She is doing such a wonderful job with the younger children. They are learning so quickly and at the same time really enjoying what they are doing. Which is exactly what I was looking for. I could not be more pleased with her teacher!! Thanks!
- Tricia Cincotta, mother of Kids & Numbers Student, Winter 2013.
- By the way, this year when my daughter moved to Worcester Academy they placed her in Algebra 1 honors. In few weeks realized her potential and moved her to Algebra 2 honors, which is generally offered to 9th grade honors students. I am sure all credit goes to RSM-MetroWest and Megha's passion for math.
- Manu Choudhury, Mother of 8th grader, Winter 2013.
We greatly appreciate what you offered in RSM. Our son has been benefitting from the classes he has taken, and now he is taking the 8th grade math in his school. Thanks a lot.
- Mother of 7th grader, Winter 2013.
- ...Thank you for helping our daughter each weekend over the past year. Your school is a magical place and a true gem in our community. Our daughter enjoys art and sports, but understanding math has been a challenge for her . Through your excellent teaching, the world of math is becoming more available to her! We thank you! She has gained confidence and many new math skills since attending your school. We highly recommend your school.
- Mother of a middle school parent from RSM-Metrowest, Spring 2012.
- The math school has been a major part of my daughter's success as a home school student. We have had children at the math school since 2006 and next year you'll have all three! I've also recommended the school to numerous people.
- LeAnn Neal Reilly, Mother of three RSM-MetroWest students.
- ...I really appreciate all you do to instill a love of mathematics in the kids. They both enjoy the class, find it interesting and are developing nicely.
- Roy Lurie, father of Emma (Level 3) and Daniel (Level 5).
- ...Thank you for your math wisdom, patience, hard work, professionalism, smiles, encouragement, dedication, and understanding.
Everyone at the school is helpful, organized, and kind. I wish I had found you sooner. I feel the kids who start your program at a younger age will have a great advantage in learning skills they will need to perform math with ease at school, compete in this global economy as well as life skills for independent living. It is never too late to get math help. However, I believe this help should begin at an early age so that children have enough exposure to math thinking and the language of math. I wish I did not wait until my kids needed help as teenagers. I believe your school is a true gem in our community.
- Metrowest mother of 2 teens that received summer math help.
- ...Harry is entering the 7th grade in Southborough this fall and will be taking the advanced Alg.II level class (high school level) with one other child in his grade through our regional HS. That is incredible how far your school has carried him during the many years we have been attending!!
- Lynne Kuperstein, mother of Harry Kuperstein, level 7.
- ...Sonia participated in the Math Bee held by North South Foundation last
Sunday. She came in 1st for her level. Her score was 33/35 and very
likely will get invited for the National Level in Sept. The interest and the knowledge she developed at the MWSM has really helped her.
- Charu Deodas, father of Sonia Deodas, level 5.
- ...My son Ben has really taken to your school of mathematics, telling me that it is his favorite part of Thursday. As a parent, I am very pleased with the subjects he has been exposed to at the MWSM in a very short time. Ben's instructor, Ms. Farizon, has suggested he
participate in competitions and so we have entered him in the Kangaroo Math competition for 2011. We encourage such challenges and are
(again) very pleased with the rigors provided by MWSM. Thank you very much!
- Bradley Brasher, father of Ben Brasher, level 2.
- ...Thanks for your program and fine instructors. Ron was excellent and patient with both George and Douglas. After just a few lessons, George is now focused, confident and is successfully solving problems. Whatever he accomplishes on the Kangrooo is a direct result of Ron's teaching
- Greg Dyer, father of George (level 8) and Douglas (level 6) Dyer.
- ...We are also very impressed by the quality of the curriculum and teaching and can see the impact on Rohan's learning
- Sandip Bose, father of Rohan Bose, level 7.
- ...All four of our kids had a very successful summer at your school. They worked hard but really enjoyed it. Our thanks to all of you
- Susan Powsner, mother of Nathaniel (level 1), Abigail (level 2), Jonathan (level 4) and Emily (level 5).
- ...I would like to full-heartedly thank you for all the great teaching that goes around in the MWSM. We are really delighted with our son Jaime�s progress and enthusiasm for mathematics
- Javier Romero M.D., father of Jaime Romero, level 4.
- ...My wife and I are very excited that we discovered your school. The teachers have been great and we appreciate that these offerings are available to our children. Thank you for your efforts
- Andrew Maxwell, father of Matthew and David Maxwell, level 4.
- ...Beginning with her first summer session after 3rd grade, we have seen a marked improvement in Maria's math skills which in turn has
made improvements in all of her academic and social skills as well, and we would love for her to continue
- Sharon Stratis, mother of Maria Stratis, level 5.
- ...Just want to let you know that we are extremely impressed with the progress Ayesha has been making �
thanks to you, your school and great teachers!
- Sona Shaikh, mother of Ayesha, level 3.
- ...Both of us (myself and my wife) as well as Ayush love the
school and its curriculum. I am extremely happy to report that
Ayush scored 100% on his Math MCAS and we feel its because he attends MWSM.
Thank you and your teachers for Ayush's achievement
- Atul Hate, father of Ayush Hate, level 7.
- ... I am glad to inform you that Neha Shabeer
did very well on the John Hopkins
CTY Talent Search. CTY hosts Award Ceremonies to celebrate
the outstanding achievement of Talent Search Participants
who earn high SCAT scores. Neha met the cut off to attend
the grand ceremony as well.
I am sure Neha was calm during
the test because she is used to challenging math questions
at MWSM. …Neha
still strongly believes she is bad in Math because she
can't crack the MWSM puzzles most of the time. Neha wants
to thank Gene and MWSM staff for making math so much fun
- Fazeena Shabeer, mother of Neha, level 3.
- The MetroWest school is an excellent resource for after-school
Math education for our two kids in grades 8th and 4th.
The school is everything one could hope for in an after-school
Math program - the school is close to most suburbs in MA,
has very professional and competent teachers, they know
education for K-12 kids very well, and have a true passion
for teaching Math to kids. In a few months of taking classes
at the school we can see a marked improvement in our kids'
Math skills. The school's Math education resources are
also immense - the Math material further helps prepare
kids very thoroughly for SAT and other national Math competitions
- Hemant Singh, father of Maegha Singh (level
8) and Kartik Singh (level 4).
...Dima is enjoying the math class very much. He said it's fun to be in a class and he is curious solving problems in his homework. Thank you to you and
- Ilya & Nadezhda, parents of Dmitry Ilin, level 3, summer school.
- ... During last two years both Sandeep and Anudeep made good progress in Math and
placed in high levels at school. This
happened due to what they learned at MWSM.
Highly appreciate your efforts for this
- Srihari Jala, father of Sandeep (Alg 9, Geo 8) and Anudeep (Alg and Geo 8).
- ... Both our boys love Metrowest Math and very much look
forward to doing the weekly homework. Rahul and Rohan absolutely
adore Gene and relish his puzzles and games during his
class. The whole program is very much geared towards developing
a genuine love and enjoyment for Math. Who said first-graders
cannot do Algebra?"
- Priya and Ram Krishnan, parents of Rahul
Krishnan (level 4) and Rohan Krishnan (level 1).
- ... We have two daughters that attend the Metrowest School of Mathematics. Natalia Dorogi attends 5A with Alla Farizon. Kaya Dorogi attends 3B with Gene
Sigalovsky. Both of our daughters LOVE the math classes they attend. It is tremendous for them, since math is their favorite subject and they love the
challenge and learning they get at Metrowest School of Mathematics
- Irena Hentea, mother of Natalia and Kaya Dorogi.
- ... Your program has really helped Sejal stand out in
her Math skills. Before joining Metro West she was not
able to understand clearly the math equations/problems
in her school class, now she is ahead of the game and answers
all the questions and solve problems in the school classroom
and has impressed her Math teacher. I am planning to have
my younger daughter also join the Metro West soon. My sincere
thanks to Metro West Teachers and Principal for running
such an excellent program to help the needs of the growing
child to buff up their skills in their fields
- Kapil Batra, parent of Sejal Batra, level
- ... We are really pleased with the program. Both our
boys have been attending since KG and we truly believe
that the program with its focus on interactive teaching/learning
has helped build a solid foundation in mathematics and
has generated a genuine love for the subject
- Sumant and Sangeeta, parents of Neil
Mauskar (EM4) and Nicket Mauskar (level 2).
- ... Gene Sigalovsky is incredibly talented at connecting
to children and helping them connect to math. My son has
been attending the Metrowest School of Mathematics for
two years and he’s excited when math school night
rolls around. He’s proud of the math skills he’s
attained and he’s clearly gone far beyond what is
being covered in his regular first grade class
- Masha Chausovsky, mother of Mark Nazzaro,
- Our daughter joined the school in January of second grade.
She is a very good math student and was ready to take on
more challenges than offered in the regular school environment.
We have been with MWSM for just over two years now and
as a fourth grader at MWSM she is doing great. She continues
to love coming to class each week. The homework and level
of work she does at MWSM gives her the extra challenges
she thrives on each week. The classroom size is perfect
because it allows each student the opportunity to participate.
I can't say enough about the positive experience this continues
to be for our daughter
- Rusty & Mari Rose, parents
of Hanna Rose, level 4.
We always appreciate your feedback. Please
send us your comment or testimonial: email@example.com
From Our Students
Congratulations to our 11/11/11/ contest winner, Kate Longinova, who won $100 towards her tuition with this very clever poem:
I like MWSM as 1
With math being the favorite subject to engage!
I like MWSM as 10
Being the years of my age! 1 plus 10 makes eleven!
I like MWSM as 2
As me and my brother are having great fun!
I like MWSM as 9
Times that in puzzle contests I have won! 2 + 9 makes eleven!
I like MWSM as 3
The day of the week I have my class!
I like MWSM as 8
The time of night when classes pass! 3 + 8 makes eleven!
I like MWSM as 4
4 miles – I live so near!
I like MWSM as 7
The age I started here! 4 + 7 makes eleven!
I like MWSM as 5
The level I am in!
I like MWSM as 6
When my classes begin! 5 + 6 makes eleven!
I guess I am all about MWSM and 11 right now
And I hope I precisely explained why and how!
Have a great 220.127.116.11111111 moment from Kate Longinova!
... I have had three teachers so far, and
all of them have been wonderful educators. I have learned a
lot from this school's participation in programs such as AMC-8
and Math Olympiads. This program helps me get ahead of my peers
at school. I would very much like to continue to learn at MWSM.
Thank you MWSM, for all the great things I've learnt so far"
- Akshay Karthik, level 5, Pre-Algebra.
My favorite thing about advanced math is learning new things.
I get new problems to solve. My teacher, Mr. Gene (Sigalovsky) is fun.
He explains how to do a method to solve the problem. My teacher is very nice and he is also very fun
- Kaya Dorogi, level 3.
I enjoy advanced math because I am learning about new methods.
One of my favorite is the mushroom. With that, you can find the LCM.
I like my teacher, Mrs. Alla Farizon. She is very nice and she makes sure you understand the topic.
I also like the friends in the class. They are fun to play with at break. At my
regular school, in my math class, there are a lot of kids who complain about math.
But here no one complains about it, so it is much nicer. Every student is
excited to learn and the best part is..... it's math!
- Natalia Dorogi, level 5.